Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weds. in Fuzhou

This morning we changed our plans from going to Walmart, to go to Panda World, It was a beautiful day here. There are 8 pandas there, and a couple of them were rescued from the earthquake in Sichuan province. There was a panda that is 131 years old! This adorable little girl in the picture is 2 years old. We tried to get her and Brodie to hold hands, he was shy! There were school kids on a field trip there too. They were about 8 years old. When we got to Panda world, we went into a small auditorium for a presentation about pandas, and the room was full of the school kids. They stopped the presentation to welcome us!! Once again I felt like a rock star!! I could get used to this!
Later we saw the school kids again, and they were so nice and a lot of them were coming up to us and sharing their snacks with Brodie. He liked that!
It was a lot of fun seeing the kids.
Brodie really likes me to carry him all the time! My arms are very tired tonight. We walked around Panda World and I held him, when we walked back to the hotel, I held him. It was about 2 or 3 miles from our hotel!! He's waiting to eat some noodles now. He likes a drink that is like yogurt and milk. We found out today that he likes french fries, chicken nuggets, and Chips Ahoy cookies!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day! We went to the zoo this time to see the Pandas and they wouldn't come out:( I love seeing your pictures! Brodie is so cute, hope we can catch up after you are home. We will be back visiting mom and dad this spring!
    Blessings,
    Gayly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day you had today. Panda World sound like fun. Brodie better get used to the idea of girls. Wait till he finds out he has three sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panda World sounds like a great place. I don't know though, Walmart with three floors????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Brodie is a handsome addition to the beautiful girls you have! Praying for you as you finish your trip and travel home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics Deb! Hope you guys are having a great time...such a momentous occasion! I'll be back in KC in the middle of Apr, so I'll try to keep/get in touch once your back and settled in again.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Brodie

Brodie